October 6, 2021
This delicious Zucchini Slice is great as a side or the main event, it’s packed full of veggies, and it’s great for lunch or dinner on the go – it can be eaten hot or cold and is just as good – and good for you! You can easily add any other veggies you need to use up to increase your veggie intake, and there are options for gluten free, vegetarian and vegans.
Zucchini Slice freezes well wrapped tightly in cling film or in a full container and can be cooled and reheated.
- 2 medium Zucchinis – grated
- 2 medium Carrots – grated
- 2 Spring Onions – chopped
- 1/2 cup Corn Kernels
- 150g Ham – shredded
- 1/2 cup Cheese – grated
- 1/2 cup Plain Flour
- 2 x-large Eggs
- 2 teaspoons Sesame Seeds
Flour – can be switched for gluten free plain flour. To up the fibre content you can use wholemeal.
Ham – can be completely omitted for a vegetarian option, or replaced with other proteins.
Cheese – can be completely omitted or replaced with a vegan / dairy free cheese.
Egg – switch for quarter of a cup of olive oil and quarter of a cup of vegetable stock for a vegan option.
Sesame seeds – can be completely omitted.
You can add any veggies you have in the fridge which need to be used up (or you just like!), just grate or chop finely and mix in.
You can also add extra proteins like shredded roast chicken, chickpeas or beans.
- Preheat an oven to 180oc and lightly oil a medium sized casserole dish.
- Add all ingredients except sesame seeds to a large bowl and mix until well combined.
- Transfer to casserole dish and press down until evenly distributed and top is fairly flat.
- Sprinkle sesame seeds liberally over the top.
- Place in oven and bake until lightly browned around edges and cooked through, approximately 45-50 minutes.
Yield 4 servings.
Nutritional Information for base recipe: